Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Engagement.

The Engagement
January 16, 2011

I forgot to write about the even that started it all! :) On Sunday, January 16th, Charles and I became officially engaged. We spent the day at the Dallas Museum of Art with Brady and McKenna, enjoying the company of each other and the extremely unique pieces of art to say the least. When we got back to their apartment, McKenna began to light candles and also set up communion. We gathered around the plate of bread and glass of red wine, and Brady opened in prayer. Then Charles began to speak directly to me. The ENTIRE time I had absolutely no idea that what was happening was about to happen. Lucky for me, McKenna captured the entire moment in photographs.

The Proposal

"I wanted to remember this day how Christ has shed His blood and had His body broken all for us. Within communion I am reminded of the many names God has for Himself and for us. He calls us His bride and as His bride He lovingly gave Himself for us, He humbled himself to the point of death for us. In Ephesians 6 there is a call for husbands to do the same thing, and so I would like to ask you if you would be my wife, and if I can be your husband to live out the call, to die to myself daily for you my love?"


No comments:

Post a Comment